Thursday, November 5, 2009

I can't believe it's November.

Dear Mr. Henshaw, (Beverly Cleary, anyone?)

I apologize for neglecting my letters to you. For just a moment, Phi Chapter slowed down and the alumni sec was slammed with work that actually gets graded.

Here's an update:

A scavenger hunt organized by our VPF Meredith pit brothers against pledges. Though the brothes were livid because they forgot, of all things, the fork, their ability to retrieve a Bill Clinton autobiography, a Daily Orange from February, and to stomp the Dome and catch it on camera caused them to prevail. It was a great victory, even when those 60 minutes had a very winded alumni sec go from Nifkin to the quad to the dome to Lincoln's statue to the kissing bench to Schine to the cubicle to Marshall Street to Walnut Park to the 4th floor of the library back to Schine to College Place to DPS to Carnegie to Moon Library to... Nifkin.

As shown by the pictures below, Bill Lindahl came to town! For the first time in 20 years, we were able to have a great family head join us for dinner and Fright Night at the Fair. It was an incredible night- the real person of this "legend" was not a disappointment. It was truly a joy to speak with him and hear his version of some great traditions and chapter history.

The Phi in the Mirror pledge class is doing very well! They are a lot of fun and we cannot wait for initiations on Saturday, November 21st.

I'll be back soon. For now, enjoy this. I need to get back to the other 4 I'm making.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AmRWR-kVU

No comments:

Post a Comment